Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dreams

I know exactly where to go if I land up in Bangalore next time. Or Thrissur. Or Thiruvananthapuram. Or Chennai. Or Kolkata. And several other places in Karnataka, Kerala and Tamilnadu.

In Bangalore, it will be the Adayar Ananda Bhavan in BTM.

In Thrissur, it will be the the Pathan's in the "Round", or Swaraj Round, to be official.

In Thiruvananthapuram it is the Arya Nivas near the railway station.

In Chennai it will be Tiffany's in IIT. Or any Saravana Bhavan will do.

In Kolkata, I am talking about a small, nondescript room in some nondescript building in Ulta Danga, where a nice Tamil guy, settled around the place for decades, does the proceedings.

In Coimbatore, Thiruchi, Madurai, Mysore... I can go on.

I am looking for a Masala Dosa. No, not the anagram. The real hot one, with lots of ghee, and soft and fried to the point (and not sharp enough to hurt one's tongue) and with good Sambaar, Chutney and hot vadas for accompaniment.

Its my only dream right now. On a late Sunday morning, when I am hungry, and after having spent months of breakfast on bread, butter and cereals. And looking forward to eating more bread right now.

I wish.

No comments: